Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, use the Services to send or receive messages, including photos or videos taken via our Services ("SecretDiary”), request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your username, password, email address, phone number, age, gender and any other information you choose to provide.
We kindly suggest you to provide contents (such as messages, photos, videos, captions) which you own the copyright. We cannot prevent others from making copies of your contents (e.g., by taking a screenshot). You should not use SecretDiary to send messages if you want to be certain that the recipient cannot keep a copy.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Usage Information: When you send or receive messages via our Services, we collect information about these messages, including the time, date, sender and recipient of the Snap. We also collect information about the number of messages sent and received between you and your friends and which friends you exchange messages with most frequently.
- Log Information: We log information about your use of our Service, including your browser type and language, access times, your IP address and so on.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the computer or device you use to access our Services, including the device type, operating system and version, unique device identifier, phone number and mobile network information. In addition, the Services may access your device's native phonebook and image storage applications, with your consent, to facilitate your use of certain features of the Services.
- Location Information: With your consent, we may collect information about the location of your device to facilitate your use of certain features of our Services.
- Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information that help us to improve our Services and your experience.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services, including to provide additional features and content for your messages;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by SecretDiary and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and/or prevent fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
You may update information about yourself by editing your account settings within our app. If you have any problem, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SecretDiary may send push notifications or alerts to your device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your device (iOS) or by changing your settings within our Services (Android).